The Buzz on Cannabis: Health & Safety in the Workplace
Thursday, March 29, 2018 8:00 AM – 5:30 PM (Pacific Time)
The scope of cannabis cultivation, processing, and retailing is changing and expanding throughout California. This one-day symposium will focus on identifying workplace safety hazards, exposure risks, and mitigation strategies within the cannabis industry.
Speakers include experts from the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, Center for Disease Control and Prevention/The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health Western States Division, California Growers Association, United Food and Commercial Workers, UC San Francisco, and UC Davis.
Standard Registration: $385.00
Government & Union Employees: $335.00
Late Registration: $435.00 (After March 12, 2018)
A limited number of discounted seats for full-time students are available. Email email@example.com for more information.
At the completion of this activity, the learner will be able to:
- Recognize workplace hazards in the cannabis industry, including within the growing, harvesting, and processing environments
- Apply safety programs in the workplace, such as hazard assessments and personal protective equipment assessments
- Discuss job types, activities, the scope of the cannabis workforce, and areas for future research
- Identify ergonomic issues in California cannabis farms
- Name cardiovascular effects from secondhand smoke exposure, including vaping
- Describe exposure risks of secondhand cannabis smoke and vaping emissions in public spaces
ABIH® Diplomates can earn up to 5 of contact hours for this event. Visit http://www.abih.org /maintain-certification/cm-credit-education-events for more information.
The Center for Occupational and Environmental Health (COEH) is accredited by the Institute for Medical Quality/California Medical Association (IMQ/CMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Center for Occupational and Environmental Health designates this live activity for a maximum of 4 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number 12983, for 5 contact hours.
Registered Environmental Health Specialists (REHS)
This course has been approved for 5 contact hours, REHS. COEH-CE is a Registered Environmental Health Specialist (REHS) Program Continuing Education Accreditation Agency approved by the California Department of Public Health.
Certified Safety Professionals may be eligible to earn up to 5 contact hours, or 0.5 Continuing of Certification (COC) points by the Board of Certified Safety Professionals. Visit http://www.bcsp.org/Certifications/Recertification for more information.